Dental Veneers & Smile Makeovers
There are two types of veneers:
Composite veneers (also known as composite bonding)
Composite veneers involve the use of composite, tooth-coloured material, shaped free-hand onto the tooth by a skilful dentist to improve the colour, shape and position of your teeth. They are used to improve aesthetics, usually of the top six to ten teeth in the visible “smile zone”.
The main benefits of composite veneers over Porcelain veneers are:
- No drilling or damage to the teeth is necessary.
- Natural looking results.
- Teeth shape, position and colour can be improved.
- Carried out in one visit, no temporaries or multiple appointments required.
- Cost effective.
Porcelain veneers are custom-made shells that are fitted onto the front surface of the teeth and improve their overall appearance.
Two visits are required, first visit is to prepare the teeth and take an impression to be sent to the laboratory to make the veneers. The second visit is approx. two weeks later to fit the final veneers.
Sometimes a single veneer is placed to hide a dark tooth or to repair a broken front tooth but with a smile makeover we place multiple veneers – usually between 6 and 10.
Simple smile makeovers
After having a dental examination and being assessed thoroughly, a simple smile makeover may be recommended if you wish to improve your smile, which would involve:
- Hygienist visit to clean the teeth and remove any superficial stains.
- Teeth whitening to lift the colour of the teeth and provide a brighter smile.
- Composite veneers onto upper front teeth to repair edges, improve shape and position of the teeth.
For further information on any of these services or to book an appointment, contact us on 01480 453215.