What are Dental implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that replaces the root of a missing tooth. The implant integrates with the jaw bone and becomes the support for the replacement tooth.
During the integration period, which can take 3-6 months, a temporary natural looking denture tooth is fitted- so the patient will not be without a front tooth during the healing process. Once the implant has integrated into the bone, a custom-made crown is screwed directly onto it.
Dental implants can be used to replace single tooth with crowns or multiple missing teeth with bridgework and will look and function like natural teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants over bridgework or dentures?
- No need to involve adjacent teeth, where as bridgework and dentures rely on the support of adjacent teeth, which could in turn weaken them.
- Improved appearance – natural looking teeth.
- Anti-ageing benefit; when you lose a tooth, shrinkage of the jawbone can cause your facial contours to sag and look older. The placement of dental implants will prevent bone loss, and this will help to support your lips and cheeks and prevent them sagging.
- You can eat anything you want to with no restrictions.
- Long-lasting solution.
- Fixed solution; not removable like dentures.
- Improved taste and speech.
- Cost-effective option- when you take into consideration cost per year.
- All factors contribute to improved confidence and increased quality of life.
Hear about Dental Implants at Huntingdon Dental Care
Why come to Huntingdon Dental Care for your dental implant?
- Experienced implant dentists, ensuring full patient care and support during treatment and for the long term.
- Most advanced techniques, including single implants and All On 4.
- Experienced dental surgeon able to treat the most complex cases if required, including sinus-lifts and zygomatic implants.
- Regional centre, removing the need to travel long distances, offering the full range of dentistry, and continued maintenance and care after treatment.
- On-site laboratory, allowing same-day solutions.
- Inclusive prices quoted for implant placement and final restoration.
Complete our enquiry form and we will give you a call back as soon as we can.